Monday, November 1, 2021

Nelligala International Buddhist Center



As I told you in the previous post, we arrived at the Nelligala Temple After Ambuluwawa. It is not only a temple, it also an International Buddhist Center in Sri Lanka. This place is really peaceful. Even if someone is in a trouble, if he goes and sits there, his mind will be healed. I can say that for sure.

When we got there, it was about 4 pm. There was a rainy sky with a little dew. So that surrounding brought a very clean feeling to my mind. There was a row of very beautiful Buddha statues and they are golden color. The stupa was also painted in gold color. To me it really felt like a heaven in there. Every design there create that feeling. They are really amazing.

Row of Buddha's statues 


Gold colored Stupa

The Saman Deva statue is a beautiful creation that will catch the eye of anyone who comes here. It depicts the god Saman on a  white elephant. The statue looks like it is in the sky. Also, the flowers, small ponds and varies plants are neatly arranged in there. It looks so beautiful.

God Saman Statue

 As soon as it rained, we left from there. There were several small boutiques below the temple. From them we bought some sweets and a few things to remember about our trip.

That is how our journey ended. When we arrived in Matale, it was around 7 pm. I had to listen to some complaints from home because I was late. However, a wonderful day ended with a lot of beautiful memories. 







1 comment:

"SERU GALA" Hiking.

As I told you before, last Monday I visited Aluwiharaya Mountain with my university friends. It’s called “SERU GALA”. It’s really a coincide...