Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Wonderful LORNA DOONE.



 

One of my favorite hobby is reading books. Among them I love to read translated navels. So, Lorna Doone Sinhala adaptation novel is a very beautiful book I read. I got it from one of my cousin sister for my 20th birthday.  Lorna Doone novel was written by R. D. Blackmore. It's first edition was published in 1869. The Sinhala adaptation of Lorna Doone was done by  Soma T. Perera. This book contains a lot of things like love, revenge, adventures. As Soma T. Perera mentioned in the preview in this adaptation book, this is a love story written with a true background on British history. 
John Reid is one of the main characters in the adaptation. He tells the story until the 11th chapter. After that the story is told by Lorna Doone. This is very interesting novel. John Reid is the one who accidentally meets Lorna Doone when he goes  to spy on Kaver Doone who killed his father. After a while Lona and John became best friends and later they became lovers, with risking their lives as well. 
They had more miserable  experiences than the beauty in the story that flows this way. But in the end, their marriage was decided. But the enemy Kaver Doone remained free in that time. On the wedding day, with the blessing of all, John and Lona were about to finish their wedding, Kaver Doone unexpectedly  fired a shot at princess Lorna. But luckily the target went wrong and she hat minor injuries. After this John Reid gave to Kaver Doone an unforgettable penalty. Then everything ended peacefully and happily. One thing Lorna Doone says at the here and it graven to my heart. That is ' If something is destined to happen, it will happen'. I thankful to my cousin sister for giving me this wonderful novel.


7 comments:

"SERU GALA" Hiking.

As I told you before, last Monday I visited Aluwiharaya Mountain with my university friends. It’s called “SERU GALA”. It’s really a coincide...